Pages

Thursday, 15 November 2012

Words I never though I'd say


I never thought I'd say this, but not working is not that great. I like working for lots of reasons
  1. I feel like a contributing member of society
  2. I like the feeling I get when I can see that I genuinely helped someone feel better
  3. It means seven years of medical studies aren't going to waste
  4. It means I get paid.
Don't get me wrong, I know my husband will provide for us until I start working again. But having my own money is different. It means guilt free shopping. Which isn't the same and for me isn’t even possible when at someone else’s expense.
I passed a store today with some beautiful bags. I don't need one, but normally the possibility of buying one would have existed. And that's whats killing me. More than not being freely mobile just yet, the fact that even if I do go out, it's just not the same.

I can't wait to get back to work.



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment