Pages

Thursday, 10 January 2013

New (not New year's) resolutions

I don't really believe in New Year resolutions, but I do believe in taking every opportunity for self improvement. No matter how many times I fall off the wagon, I am determined to get back on. So in aid of  that, this morning when I woke up, I didn't force myself to go back to sleep (I'd gone to sleep waay after midnight). I used that little burst of energy to get up and try some 10 minute Yoga flex. In all fairness, I think what I did would just be called stretching, but it's a start, especially for a housebound person like myself.

 This was maybe the only pose I could kind of do properly

This was followed by a healthy breakfast salad, which to give myself a little credit is something I do occasionally for breakfast or lunch.

2 kiwis, a slice of canteloupe, an apple and some grapes. Only missing the mango.

Then hubby came home from work and felt for steamed mackerel in tomato sauce and bakes. I informed him I am not from the eastern Caribbean, I don't do 'bakes', I make fried dumplings, or even johnny cakes. But I made him breakfast. And fell off the wagon, but I only had three small dumplings. And I realize I need to keep track of what I do, to motivate myself. Don't know what I think of a food diary though. Do those really work?

 

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment