Pages

Saturday, 23 February 2013

Creamy baked fish fillet

I was looking at a recipe for fried tilapia the other day that really caught my interest. So I decided to try something baked using what I had on hand. It came out good, so I did a larger batch today. I used Swai fillets, but really that was because of cost, any thin fish fillet should work


5 large fillets
salt 
ground black pepper
1 mid-sized onion
1/2 sweet pepper
4 scallions (green onions)
4 cloves garlic
3/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup lemon juice

Each fillet was around 9 or 10 inches

I sliced them sprinkled with salt and pepper

Rough chopped everything else
 onions

 sweet pepper

 scallion (green onions)

 Then I put everything in this really cool mini blender (Christmas gift from my sister), added olive oil and lime juice (everything can be adjusted to taste and serving size) and pulsed. It came out creamy and orange coloured (trick yourself into thinking you're adding cheddar cheese).


 Then I poured everything over the fish. There's no need to grease the dishes because of the olive oil in the marinate. I let everything sit for 30 minutes (or as long as you want).
 Everything went oven at 375o for 30 minutes.


It came out creamy and tender. I served it with baked potatoes, steamed broccoli and homemade garlic bread (no, I didn't make the bread, I cheated, butter some bread on both sides, sprinkle with garlic powder and parsley and throw in the oven for the last 10 minutes or so).


It taste really good, and it's healthy, so I haven't fallen off the wagon again. More importantly, it's easy to make for lazy cooks like myself. I think I'll try the marinate with chicken breast next time. Maybe tweak it a bit.


2 comments:

  1. yummy i've done something similar before. thanks for the reminder! need to order some fillets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy, healthy but still rich and creamy. I am finding every which way possible to use my mini blender and the oven as much as possible.

      Delete