Pages

Thursday, 2 May 2013

Cilantro lime fish fillet

The other day either Wendy's or Burger King had a lime cilantro fish sandwich. So after the success (in my mind) of the last fish dish I did and since I hadn't started working yet and had nothing but time on my hands, I decided to try my hand at something similar.

2 scallions
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 tbsp chopped parsley



1 lemon juiced

1/3 cup olive oil (or 1/4 cup to be healthier)



And everything was poured over 2 swai fish fillets (tilapia would work as well) and left to marinate for 20-30 minutes. It can either be baked at 350 for 25 minutes (or until fish flakes) or sauteed in a frying pan, no extra oil needed.

Both are really good, this one was done on the stove top and we had it with a three bean salad and broccoli.

I'm trying as much as possible to cut back on eating out so I can control what I eat, and more importantly so I can make exactly what I feel for instead of searching through a menu trying to see what I feel for. Hopefully now that I'm back at work I can keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment