Pages

Saturday, 4 May 2013

Herb roasted pork (still trying for jerk)

It's funny how some of the things I miss are things I didn't have that often when I was home. Like I've been feeling for jerk pork for a while now. I tried to make it, but as usual did my own thing. Ended up with a really nice herbed roast pork with a mild jerk flavour. 
I really didn't measure anything besides the rub, everything was eyeballed.


1 medium onion
3 scallions
5 cloves garlic
parsley
cilantro

Everything was thrown in my favourite kitchen accessory and blended with 2 tbsp olive oil


 All the marinate was poured over a 4-5 lb pork shoulder
 
 

 After about 30 minutes I rubbed on a mixture of spices

4 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg

 Everything then went into a ziplock bag and in the fridge overnight.

The next day I took it out of the fridge and let it reach close to room temperature and put it in a covered roasting pan and into the oven at 400F for 30 minutes, then I lowered the temperature to 275F. It took about another hour and a half before it was done.




We had it with a salad and english muffins that I toasted with butter and garlic powder. Not quite Jamaican jerk pork, but still really good.



No comments:

Post a Comment