Pages

Saturday, 11 May 2013

Homemade hamburgers

Last week I had planned to make lasagna, but forgot I had sprayed the oven after a baking incident/accident. But I had beef mince and needed to do something with. A picture of lamb burgers caught my eye, so I made hamburgers.


So of course I started with my mince and really I eyeballed most of the stuff I used. I seasoned the mince with salt, garlic powder, chopped parsley, thyme and let that set in the fridge overnight (optional I guess, really it was because I had forgotten to clean the oven). The next day I added 1 medium onion, chopped.


Mixed in around 1/4 cup of cornmeal


1 egg beaten


a teaspoon or two of coarse ground mustard


I put pieces of sliced cheese in each patty


 Fried them on a pan lightly oiled with canola.


Next time I'll do the patties a bit bigger, I didn't realized they'd shrink that much.


 I put a bit of muenster cheese on top of some of the patties before taking them off the stove.




Built our sandwiches,




and enjoyed lunch. It was really good if I do say so myself and didn't take long at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment