Pages

Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Making do without, with shrimp

The other day I was home alone and I wanted something nice to eat, but wasn't very hungry (which was odd since I'd woken late and hadn't had breakfast). Since hubby is allergic to shellfish, I decided to treat my self. 

I was really feeling for this...
 
from one of my favourite sushi places in St. Andrew. It was on the way home from work, so whenever my husband was on call it was a quick option when I didn't feel like cooking for one. Or two if my sister was with me.

But I really haven't found a favourite sushi place here in Nassau. Still looking. And I didn't have a car anyway. So I made this. I keep cooked shrimp in the freezer for moments just like this.


The noodles come rolled in single servings, so I boiled one, threw the shrimps on top with some chopped scallions( green onions) and let them simmer for a bit. I was also feeling super lazy.
 It was good comfort food for a cool day.

No comments:

Post a Comment