Pages

Sunday, 30 June 2013

Pork Burgers

I realize I don't need to wait till I have a yard and a grill to cook certain things, so I decided to try my hand at making burgers again. This time with pork.  



I used just a bit under 2 lbs of pork with


1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp cornmeal
chopped scallion
1 egg


I got 6 patties from all that meat.

I fried them using around 1/2 tbsp oil

The burgers were browned, but not cooked all the way through, 
so I put them in the oven at 325oF for 20 minutes





We had enough for lunch for 2 days. Next step on my summer menu is to make pizza. I don't always have good luck with yeast, so I'm on the lookout for a simple recipe for pizza dough. Today though we'll be trying our hands at barbecue turkey wings. Turkey wings are kind of big here in the Bahamas. Nassau anyway, something this Jamaican is still getting used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment